Monday, September 12, 2011

Shamcey Supsup's Miss Universe Answer




News floated on the Net about the unfolding events at the 2011 Miss Universe Pageant. Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup's answer to a question made me proud to be a Filipino Christian.

During the question-and-answer portion, judge Vivica A. Fox asked Supsup, "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person you love? Why or why not?"

Supsup answered: "If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he'll love my God too."

May many more Christians have such conviction in this postmodern world.

Photo and quote from
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local-news/2011/09/13/shamcey-supsup-ms-universe-3rd-runner-179077

 

No comments:

Post a Comment